1. The college library presently has more than 20,000 books. These include text books and rare costly reference books and up-dated information books.
2. The college subscribes to journals, news papers and periodicals.
3. The college library remains open to all college staff and students from 8.30 am to 5 pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday; 10.30 am to 5 pm on Tuesday and Thursday and 10.30 am to 2 pm on Saturday
4. Reading : Students are allowed to use reading room for reading purposes on submission of their reading cards.
5. Borrowing : Each student is provided with a lending Card (two for Hons. and one for General students) for borrowing books. Books can be borrowed for a period of 7 days. A fine of fifty paisa per day will be charged if books not submitted within due date. If library card is lost duplicate card will be issued on submission of Rs.3/- (Reference card) and Rs.5/- (lending card)
6. Disregard of library rules, indiscipline and misbehavior will render students liable to be denied access to the library
7. The college has also departmental libraries to cater to the needs of students of respective departmental students. All Hons. Students may access this library at any time subject to prior permission. In some cases they may even borrow books from the library after their final test examinations.
8. The students may consult the library book manuals for respective departmental books and check which books are there for use.
9. Future plans: (i) The college has already made computer catalogues for all the books in the library for students' ready-use. (ii) The college plans to install computers in the library so that a student may trace the status of a book weather that is available in the library or borrowed by someone else, how many copies of that book the library has etc. by a click of the mouse.
|Smart Class Room|
|Chakdaha Collage ha s s tradition of running National Cadet Corps effectively for a long time. Lots of cadet has excelled in their performance at National leve3l also. Event in year 2012, foure cradets were selected for the Republic Dey parade at New Delhi. Now collage has two unit of N.C.C one for mlae and one for female students (at present it is under suspension) both being run under the vigilant supervision of Lieutenant Dr. Paritosh Biswas.|
|The N.S.S. unit of the college has been very active in serving the society. Programme officer of NSS Unit is Prof. Susanta Ghosh. Almost every year our NSS volunteers get selected to participate in Pre-Republic Day camp and Republic Day held in Delhi. Ours NSS volunteers attended National Integration camps held in Ahmadabad and Hardwar. One National Integration camp has been organized by our NSS units Chakdaha College. Our two NSS units provides a cue to build up the co-operative attitude to serve the society.|
|Students' health home has arranged a regional center in the college premises with all helps from the college. Any student of the college may avail free medial counseling, health check-up facility and medicines from the center.|
|A Career Counseling Cell (financial by UGC) is formed for the gridance of SC/ST/OBC/Minority students. The cell holds workshops and seminars time to time nourish the future of the socially disadvantageous student.|